Written by Captain Thursday, 27 August 2015 08:35
Pre season training will commence on Monday 31st August at 6pm. This is an open session for males & females from all age groups. It will incorporate running, circuits, core workouts etc.
Squads and coaches will be allocated in the next few weeks.
Hope to see you all on Monday
Thank you for your Support
Written by Secretary Friday, 17 July 2015 11:43
Another hugely successful year at Cork Boat Club, for both rowing and club development, has come to a close. The hours of intense effort and commitment put in by all our athletes and coaches over the past year, and indeed over the last number of years, is admirable and the committee would like to extend a huge congratulations to all. As many of you know from your own rowing backgrounds preparing for the National Championships is no mean feat and our rowers and coaches did so with dedication, respect and good humour along the way. They not only participated fully in their training but they involved themselves in their club, taking part and contributing to events, fundraisers and activities throughout the year, all of which makes a club successful. In addition to the rowing element of the club we have taken great stride in improving our clubhouse and will be continuing to work on this into the future.
We would like to acknowledge the athletes below who did so well in the championships with 7 wins, including two National Championships. A massive well done is also owed to the coaches who have equally dedicated themselves to supporting and preparing their crews for competition.
Boat Club Results in FINALS AT IRISH CHAMPIONSHIPS 2015
· First Place ladies J18 single; Dervla Forde
· First Place ladies Inter single;Dervla Forde
· First Place; Mens J16 Quad - Barry O'flynn, Derry O'connor, Evan curtin, Eoin power, cox Conor o'callaghan
· First Place; Mens J16 single Barry O’Flynn
· First Place; Ladies J15 Quad - Katie McCarthy, Sorchadh higgins, Anne O'farrell, Ciara Murphy, cox peter Leonard
· First Place; Ladies J15 single Anne O’Farrell
· First Place; Ladies J14 single Claragh O’Sullivan
· 2nd Place ladies Club Four + - Clodagh Deasy, Erika Deasy, Amy mason, Tara Hanlon cox Vicki Hanlon
· 2nd Place Mens Club eight - Danny Peilow, Lorcain Cameron, James O'Leary, Neil McCarthy, Kieran White, Feargal O'Sullivan, cormac Corkery, Conor McCarthy, cox Peter Leonard
· 2nd Place; Ladies J16 quad (A Crew) - Ciara McCarthy, Chloe Mehigan, Erika deasy, Julie Mackey, cox Vicki Hanlon
· 2nd Place; Ladies Inter Pair - Dervla & Oisin forde
· 2nd Place; Ladies J15 single Ciara Murphy
· 2nd Place: Ladies J14 single Jane Duggan
· 3rd Place Mens J18 quad - Shane o'connell, Barry Connolly, Conor Cudden, Liam o'connell
· 3rd Place Mens J18 double - Liam o'connell , Conor Cudden
· 4th Place Mens Inter eight - as Club Eight above
· 4th Place Ladies J18 pair - Tara Hanlon, Amy mason
· 4th Place Ladies Inter double - Oisin forde, Grace Collins
· 5th Place Ladies J16 single Chloe Mehigan
· 6th Place Ladies J16 quad (C Crew) - see j15 quad above.
We are all working to develop a better club for all, where young people and adults alike can get involved in the sport of rowing be it as an athlete, a coach, a committee member or a volunteer. WE NEED YOUR HELP! So please continue to support us as you always have and if you have been away from the club for awhile please know that you will be welcome back with open arms to come down and get involved again.
We are looking for your generous support and sponsorship for our Annual Golf Classic which is our biggest fund raiser and takes place this Friday (July 24th) in Douglas Golf Club. The entry fee this year is €260 for a team of three, which includes a two course meal for each team member. Tee boxes can also be sponsored for €125. You can make an entry by contacting any of the Golf Classic committee John Mackey - 086 8118422, Joe Casey - 087 3200085,Anne Walsh - 021 4295005). If you don't golf, why not drop up to the prize giving ceremony in the club on Friday Evening around 8pm.
Finally, A very special mention must be made to our Captain Karen McCarthy who also fully dedicated herself to CBC over the last year. The successes of the club are also due to the outstanding leadership and support she has shown to oars people, coaches and the committee. A massive congratulations to Karen on a very successful year as Captain!
Looking forward to seeing you all and hopefully some familiar faces back at the club for the 2015/16 season.
Yours in rowing,
Cork Boat Club.
A Tribute to Ger Healy - Saturday 6th June at 4:00 pm
Written by Chairman Sunday, 24 May 2015 18:33
Cork Boat Club will hold a special tribute to Ger Healy at 4:00 pm on Saturday 6th June in the Club. A recently delivered boat will be named in his honour. Ger’s family will attend.
His many friends are invited to attend this special event and make it a memorable occasion especially for his family. The Cafe and Bar will be open providing food and refreshments.
Why not come and support this tribute to our dear friend who gave so much to Cork Boat Club?
Yours in rowing,
John Mc Carthy
Rowing Summer Camps - 10-14th August
Written by Captain Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:46
Cork Boat Club’s summer camp is aimed at boys & girls aged 12+ who wish to learn how to row or to improve their technique. Emphasis is on water safety, fun out in the open air, exercise, teamwork, making new friends and simply experiencing the joy of rowing!
The week long Rowing Camps will be run in Cork Boat Club, Blackrock Village from Mon August 10th to Fri August 14th. There will 2 separate camps as follows:
- a morning session from 10-1pm or
- an afternoon session from 1.30-4.30pm
You are advised to book early to avoid disappointment, as numbers will be limited to 12 per class.
Swimming competency is required. Please bring along a change of clothes, towel, hat, sun cream, water & snacks.
The booking form can be found here - http://www.corkboatclub.com/images/2015cbcsummercamp.pdf
Club Caretaker opportunity
Written by Secretary Friday, 15 May 2015 22:05
Requirements: Candidates must be age 25 years or older and must have drawn social welfare for at least 1 year.
Objective: To ensure the Cork Boat Club facility is maintained internally and externally in a pristine condition.
Responsible to: Chairman, Cork Boat Club.
Line Manager: Des O’Sullivan, Committee Member.
Hours: 19.5 hours per week (rota to be discussed on appointment)
- To identify and assist with light carpentry, cleaning, painting and general maintenance of the building and grounds.
- To ensure the club facilities are operating to the highest standards..
- Maintenance of racking for boats and oars.
- To maintain the slipways in a clean condition.
- Maintenance of safety launches and all ancillary safety equipment.
- Highlighting deficiencies or impending difficulties in any of the above areas so that equipment is available for use when required.
- To maintain security standards at the club.
- To prepare oral and written reports as necessary relating to the post.
Page 1 of 12«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»